Role: Quality Engineer
Salary: £30-32k + benefits
A new opportunity has arisen for a hands-on Quality Engineer to join an innovative company based in Bedford on a permanent basis.
My client is a leading supplier of bespoke products into a key sector, and due to continued growth, they require a Quality Engineer to join the business.
As Quality Engineer, you will work within an ISO9001 environment in providing quality assurance activities for materials, components and finished assemblies.
Key duties of the Quality Engineer will include:
- Inspect in-house components as directed for conformance to specification by reference to drawing, documentation and engineering, using full range of inspection instruments, CMM, gauges and ultrasonic non-destructive testing techniques.
- Investigate non-conformances and perform 8D problem solving investigations and implementing solutions.
- Be a member of the ISO9001 internal audit team and carry out audits to the scheduled plan.
- Inspect completed assemblies and finished parts prior to despatch, making final checks against documentation.
- Check the calibration of the company's measuring equipment, make adjustments and carry out minor repairs.
- Track components through the manufacturing process and confirm that manufacturing processes have been correctly signed off. Complete all necessary documentation on rejection/acceptance/rework.
- Take up any quality queries and issues with suppliers on non-conforming components or materials, through telephone, mail or visits.
- Carry out inspection on returned goods and provide written reports on faults found.
- Liaise with all engineering departments and supervision on quality decisions involving methods, drawing errors and process improvements
The successful Quality Engineer will ideally have the following experience:
- Educated to HNC / HND level in Engineering discipline
- Previous experience in a Quality Inspection / Quality Engineering role
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Good communication skills
- Good knowledge of ISO9001
If you are interested in this opportunity then please reply ASAP with an updated CV as soon as possible.
Premier are acting as an employment agency