SEN Teachers - complex needs - September
Start Date: 1st September 2017
Hours: Full Time
Salary: Outer London MPR/UPR plus SEN Scale (depending on qualifications and experience)
ITN Mark Education are working with a forward-thinking and innovative special school with a very exciting future ahead of them. To accommodate their increasing pupil numbers they are further redeveloping over the next year: moving into purpose built accommodation co-located with local, inclusive minded mainstream Primary and Secondary schools.
They are a day special school for learners with complex learning difficulties. 60% of pupils have an additional diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Disorders or have additional physical and sensory disabilities. The pupils come from all parts of the Richmond borough and from neighbouring boroughs. They work closely with colleagues from Educational Psychology, Health and Social Care to ensure that the learners receive all the support and challenge they need to achieve. Every pupil has an individual learning programme that details what and how they are learning, including input from Speech and Language, Occupational, Physiotherapy and Music Therapy. They also have a Play Therapist in school and their Family Support Worker provides invaluable support and information to our families. They have very high aspirations for all of their learners and high expectations of themselves.
School is committed to providing equality of opportunity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. There is an expectation that all staff share this commitment.
What's on offer:
- Outstanding and on-going Continuing Professional Development;
- Enthusiastic and supportive colleagues, parents and governors;
- A wide and developing community of inclusive mainstream and special schools for you to work with and support;
- A developed and extending multi-agency network;
- An innovative future as we co-locate with mainstream schools;
- A school that expects excellence from all;
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Hold QTS and eligibility to work in the UK
- Promote equal opportunities in the classroom
- Commit to the learning and development of pupils
- Teach at a consistently outstanding level
- Have strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with staff, parents and students
ITN Mark Education is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
ITN Mark Education is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.