Senior Buyer Wholesale/ Foodservice Sector
Senior Buyer (Wholesale/ Foodservice Sector)
We have a new opportunity to work for a fast paced, dynamic business with continued growth each year making this an excellent opportunity for somebody who is looking for a stable, long term career. The business has a family feel so if you are looking for a role where you can add your own stamp, this could be the opportunity for you!
As a Senior Buyer you will be involved with negotiating prices & building effective relationships with new and existing clients. Categories you will support include; ambient, chilled, frozen, grocery, fruit, veg and beverages.
Your responsibilities will include;
• Discovering profitable suppliers and initiate business and organization partnerships
• Negotiating with external vendors to secure advantageous terms
• Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services
• Finalise purchase details of orders and deliveries
• Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company
• Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
Knowledge & Experience
• 5 years + experience within the foodservice, wholesale or retail sectors
• Experience with categories such as ambient, chilled, frozen, grocery, fruit, veg and beverages.
• Knowledge of sourcing and buying techniques within the market
• Talent in negotiations and networking
• Good knowledge of supplier or third party management software
• Be proficient with Microsoft packages
Our client is located in Nottingham; we would also welcome applications from candidates willing & able to relocate.