Assistant Manager - Senior Manager Banking Risk
We seek the individual to assist the delivery of various risk related engagements encompassing the following areas:
- Front office supervision
- Market abuse and market conduct risk
- Unauthorised trading assessments and investigations
- Risk management frameworks and target operating models
- Front-to-back assessments of trading controls environment against good market practice and regulatory expectations
- We require the individual to lead technical client projects and support internal product development around risk and regulatory trading businesses.
- Support the development of topics including Mifid II, Best Execution, Electronic trading, Basel 3 Liquidity, Wholesale conduct topics (including Benchmarks, FX remediation).
- Advise clients on the benefits and impact of regulations, current industry practices and advancements relating to trading businesses.
- Keep abreast of all latest trends and any new regulations, leveraging off international SME support where applicable.
- The individual will also be required to apply their skills to a broad range of banking risk related issues supporting both regional and national propositions.
- Advising clients on the impact of the changing regulatory landscapes on their business models and supporting them through that change in relation to a range of conduct related issues.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships and networks with both clients and colleagues.
- Playing and active role in the development of business for the Regulatory team, including production of proposals and the identification of opportunities within client engagements.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Experience at a trading desk covering any of the following asset classes (cash or derivatives): equities, rates, credit or FX
- Understanding of trading environment and approaches to risk management, with insights into how to develop/improve these approaches to add true value to our clients
- Strong understanding of financial products (cash and derivatives) including how they are traded, booked and risk managed.
- Strong familiarity with role of key bank functions including Front office, Market Risk, Product control, Treasury and Compliance.
- Knowledge of new regulatory developments impacting banking clients and impacting trading businesses.
- Good understanding of the linkages between risk disciplines and how they can operate together in a holistic enterprise wide risk framework.