Business Development Manager - Swiss Market
Business Development Manager
PR Newswire - Swiss Markets
£30,000- £36,000 + £15,000 OTE (uncapped) and excellent company benefits
If you are looking for a role that you can get your teeth into, where you can build your own portfolio and make your mark from day one working for a market leading company, then we would love to hear from you.
About the PR Newswire product:
Combining the world’s largest multi-channel content distribution network with the most comprehensive workflow tools and platforms, PR Newswire enables the world’s businesses to drive demand and engage opportunity everywhere it exists. PR Newswire serves tens of thousands of clients from offices in the Americas, EMEA and APAC
As a key member of the Business Development team, you will work closely with the sales manager to maintain PR Newswire’s industry position as the global market leader and help our clients to maximise the exposure they receive from their Public and Investor Relations programmes with a focus on all companies and PR agencies in the Swiss and Austrian markets. In addition, you will:
- Identify strong opportunities in the targeted region.
- Ensure knowledge of market competitors and any legislation etc that may affect your target region is current, allowing effective sales pitches and strategies to be developed against each
- To manage a few accounts and protect and grow the revenue for the whole region.
- To develop new business sales across prospective clients for all PR Newswire products and services mainly over the telephone and occasionally travel to the region for face to face meetings.
- Influence customer personnel at all levels, from Board Members, Senior Directors and Executives to Account Managers and Product Users.
- Pipeline management, forecasting, accurate commit of new business revenues
- Responsible for the sales process from beginning to end; including the completion of detailed responses to tender, managing the pitch process and negotiation of contracts.
- Become an ambassador for PR Newswire by developing strong relationships with customers on the telephone, face to face, during meetings, presentations or at industry forums.
- To maintain a relationship with the client during their subscription period ensuring successful renewal at the end of their subscription.
To be successful in this role,
- You will be an experienced business development manager with a proven track record of selling web-based products within Swiss and Austrian markets
- A self-starter who is motivated to pick up the phone, identify potential key clients, build relationships and close meetings and new business opportunities.
- Ability to present and pitch to senior decision makers.
- To be able to account manage a number of large brands and agencies.
- Confident and personable on the phone and face to face with excellent presentation skills.
- Able to understand a client’s structure and quickly identify all decision makers, influencers, and users within each company or Agency.
- Able to travel to the Swiss and Austrian markets for business trips
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Commercial awareness is essential and ability to build relationships based on trust and understanding.
There is never a dull moment in our new business team, as they work collaboratively and remain dedicated to providing businesses with award-winning media intelligence tools that strengthen their marketing activities. If you thrive in today’s fast-paced media landscape where no two days are the same, then apply now.
As accredited investors in people and an equal opportunities employer, we are dedicated to your career development. This means we help you make the most of your potential with comprehensive training and a range of useful resources.