his is an excellent opportunity to join a well established, innovative business as a Design Engineer near Peterborough.
The business design and manufacture large bespoke products predominantly for the Automotive sector.
You will join an experienced team and work within a collaborative environment to design excellent products based on technical client briefs.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- 2D AutoCAD design work leading to 3D Inventor
- Creation of new concepts for products
- Design for manufacture
- Implement changes to achieve quality improvements and cost reduction across all departments
- Meet daily and weekly engineering targets
- Produce drawings for the sales dept. to aid sales of non-standard products and reduce costs
- Convert customers sales spec into engineering packs for production with BoM and labour estimates
- Produce procedures for production and quality departments to achieve consistent standards of specification & finish
- Interface with Technical staff of business suppliers
- Excellent use of mainstream CAD software (e.g. AutoCAD, SolidWorks etc.)
- Innovative mind-set
This is an excellent opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer offering a competitive salary, training & career progression.