Our client is one of the largest Independent Accountancy firms in the North East. Their client base is continually growing and this has resulted in us looking to expand our commercial and business services teams. They are looking to recruit an Audit Senior in to their expanding Audit team.
Specialist training and support will be provided.
Who we are looking for:
- You will be ACA, ACCA qualified
- Prior experience in Audit with good technical accounting ability
- Working knowledge of UK GAAP, IFRS and Financial Reporting requirements
- Prior experience working within practice
- Strong communication skills are essential as well as the ability to work cohesively with all members of staff.
- Flexibility to travel to meet clients where required
- Diligent and proactive personality with a drive to provide the highest service levels to clients.
As an Audit Senior in Practice, your main responsibilities will include:
- Assists in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment for manager review, seeking input for areas of concern to ensure high quality of service.
- Assisting clients with audit assignments on their premises.
- Identifying risks and communicating to clients, highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified.
- Identify and understand client needs, suggest potential solutions on technical matters and communicate and agree client needs and potential solutions with managers.
- Active engagement with senior client staff in order to gain a good understanding of their business and ensure the efficient execution of the audit
- Supervise, coach and develop junior members of staff within teams, on client premises and in the office.
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
Competitive salary and benefits package provided.