This is a full time, permanent position.
Our client, a highly successful and well renowned company based in Beaconsfield, is seeking a Payroll Assistant to work alongside 3 others working within the payroll department to ensure timely and accurate delivery of payroll and Auto-Enrolment services. They are looking for someone specifically with experience of working with a portfolio of clients on a multi-site basis. The role includes top-level client care, varying payroll periods (weekly, fortnightly, monthly), and Auto-Enrolment.
• Processing, ownership and completion of regular client payrolls (whether weekly, fortnightly, 4-weekly or monthly).
• Managing the process from receipt of data to the printing and the despatch of reports (email/post or both).
• Ensuring the payroll is reviewed by a supervisor/manager where applicable.
• Production and despatch of payslips and P45’s etc.
• Seek guidance the semi-seniors/ seniors as required.
• Staging date review/informing clients
• Letter and communications
• Input and reporting to/from the payroll system (mainly STAR)
• Production of files for upload to the relevant pension provider/middleware portal
• Consultation and reconciliation of payments with checks clients
• Auto Enrolment set-up, including use of The Pensions Regulator website
General Admin and Filing Duties:
• Keeping both the Client Data Sheet and the Excel database of clients up-to-date.
• Scanning and filing of documentation relating to the payroll, Auto-Enrolment or individuals.
• Regular and accurate completion and submission of timesheets within set deadlines.
• Payroll procedures relating to specific tasks/new processes introduced to be kept up-to-date.
The successful candidate must possess the following skills:
• Maths qualification (minimum GCSE grade C required)
• Payroll experience is essential
• Bureau experience would be beneficial
• Able to organise and manage time efficiently and effectively
• Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
• Confident when speaking/working with clients
• Knowledge of working on a multi-site/portfolio of payrolls basis
• Excellent telephone manner - clear and well spoken
• Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy in work
Ideal Payroll skills will include:
• MS Office - Excel and Word principally to an intermediate/advanced level
• STAR Professional Payroll - ideal but not critical
• Sage Payroll - ideal but not critical
• Auto-Enrolment - experienced with knowledge of the portal for e.g. NEST, Peoples Pension and Now: Pensions, as well as insurance based portals e.g. Aviva, Legal & General.
- Monday to Friday - 37.5 hours per week
- Death in Service