Aspiring Collections advisor to join growing Debt recovery business based in Southampton - £18000 - £23000
Your new company
My client provide tailored debt recovery and credit control solutions to businesses of all sizes, from start-ups to large corporate entities, as well as the biggest banks, independent financiers and Insolvency Practitioners across the UK and Europe. As a key recruiter within the credit and collections space they look to onboard aspiring collections advisors that demonstrate the gravitas and diplomacy to work effectively within their already high performing team.
Your new role
This is an operational role within the collections team and the role reports directly to the Collections Team Leader. Key responsibilities will include.
- Manage a portfolio of live, current and overdue debit balance customer accounts.
- Resolve queries in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Manage own workload and prioritise work to meet business targets and team KPIs.
- Liaise with clients and provide updates on customer accounts.
- Maintain quality and professionalism whist accurately controlling ledgers.
- Through day-to-day activity, consider updates to departmental processes to ensure that customers are processed through the collections process as smoothly as possible.
- Facilitate and record escalations to the Collections Team Leader.
- Perform against targets individually whilst contributing to the overall productivity of the team.
- Resolve collections issues, disputes and queries.
- Ensure that issues outside the standard processes are escalated to the Collections Team Leader.
- Identify trends and suggest improvements to team processes and strategy.
- Any duty you may be asked to perform as part of a special project.
What you'll need to succeed
The candidate must be able to work under pressure and to set timescales. He or she must be able to work as a
key member of a team and also under their own supervision. He or she must be self-motivated, adaptable, dynamic and ambitious, and will be able to demonstrate a willingness to learn and develop. Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- High level of attention to detail
- Computer proficiency - Word, Excel, Outlook and Sage or a similar accounts system
- Proven team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to work on their own initiative and as part of a team
- Hard worker
- Punctual and reliable
What you'll get in return
- Performance Bonus (Up to £1000 per year)
- Pension Contribution
- Free Parking
- Ad Hoc Benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.