MMP Consultancy are currently seeking a MRICS / MCIOB qualified Asset Management professional with experience in the Public Sector.
Key Duties include:
- Have a great understanding of the laws and administrative duties of Local Government.
- Develop the technical asset strategy, prioritising which areas are in most need of regeneration and implementing them.
- Alongside the prioritisation is being able to be effective, both cost and quality, recognising different ways of completing the programme which will be more efficient without sacrificing quality.
- Push the culture of the Council and the objective of the government through the regeneration and asset management service provided.
- Utilise this knowledge of legislation and regulations to ensure an entirely compliant service.
- Understand the Asset Holdings and be able to make Strategic Procurements to achieve delivery of asset strategy
- Have the commercial awareness when creating / implementing the asset strategy, be aware of trends and risks.
- Management is key to this position, both financially and through management of staff
- Following on from finance and staff, the management of contractors understanding and input to the programme is key, whether it is external or cross departmental
- You will need an understanding of I.T and Asset Management systems, understanding what the limitations are and utilising the system correctly.
- Can write and report technical statements, provide detailed updates for the authority and its senior members. This is vital due to the nature of local government.
This role is for an urgent start, more information can be provided when you apply.