Head of Finance, Cambridge, £60K -£100K
A world leading SME manufacturer, experiencing organic growth with ambitious future plans, is looking for a commercially astute, Head of Finance. With tenacity and gravitas, you will be instrumental in making key decisions at the heart of a developing business.
Reporting to the MD, you will possess an inquisitive personality with the ability to build rapport with financial assertiveness throughout the company. Strategically, you will be involved in all operations, influencing finance decisions; that will add significant value to the business.
Adding financial clarity, you will deliver detailed, precise and clear/simplified management information to the senior management team and board members, that will improve business performance.
Having a supportive team player/management style, you will motivate your finance team, including financial support to other operations throughout the company.
You will be ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualified or of similar calibre/profession, with a strong manufacturing background, demonstrating a hands-on/can do approach with the ability to make things happen.
This is a unique opportunity to work for a business where the people are passionate, friendly and possess a great sense of humour. If you are successful, with a proven track record and make things happen, you will be well rewarded.
Key responsibilities include:
- Active member of the management team (comprising of sales and marketing, engineering, production and finance)
- Managing all financial related matters including role of Company Secretary, Treasury and HR
- Provide support to the Production Manager and the production team regarding the performance of the factory on a shift by shift, week by week basis to drive through improvements and cost savings
- Actively involved in business decision-making and making things happen
- Overview and driving output of the MS Dynamics NAV implementation
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Preparation of annual budgets and periodic reforecasts as required
- Preparation of ad hoc forecasts (profit and cash) utilising latest sales and production data
- Management of $ and € hedging policy
- Liaison with the Company’s bankers, insurers and shareholders
- Liaison with auditors and control of the annual audit
Expertise in the following areas is desirable:
- FX control and hedging of foreign currency transactions
- Exporting and international trade documentation
- Research & development projects, KTP’s and tax credits
- Sub-contract manufacturing
- MS NAV Software
Benefits package includes:
25 days holiday plus public holidays rising to 30, 2% matched pension after 1 year, BUPA/PHI private healthcare, 37.5 hours week (½ hour lunch, early finish on Friday).