Billing Manager (energy/utilities)
Are you an experienced Billing Manager from the energy or utilities sector, looking for an exciting new challenge? An ambitious technology company are looking for a Billing Manager to be responsible for designing, developing and implementing the next phase of a scalable billing process which will be efficient and robust enough to cope with expanding customer numbers. Customers are energy generating / using / storage organisations connected to the grid. This is the perfect time for the Billing Manager to be joining this organisation, as you will have a meaningful impact on future business growth and success.
- Ensure billing and settlement is accurate first time, every time.
- Adapt billing and settlement process to align with growing customer numbers and services.
- Standardise billing and settlement processes and procedures to achieve Best Practice
- Maintain good working relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrate clear understanding of contractual structures.
- Utilise knowledge of and experience in the energy market.
- Provide regular reporting information.
- Settlement validation, confirmation and invoicing processes are efficient and accurate;
- Queries and/or billing disputes are resolved effectively;
- Processes are documented and in compliance with, contractual and HMRC obligations
Skills and experience:
- A passion for and understanding of the energy sector
- Ideally 5 years’ experience in billing, validation and settlement roles in the energy sector
- Experience in creating, implementing, and continuously improving billing processes
- Highly numerate with an understanding of technical databases
- Good problem solving skills with the ability to own issues through to resolution
- The ability to work in an evolving organisation where there is uncertainty and ambiguity!
- A desire to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in.
- Experience with vendor management useful
- Good leadership skills and able to gain buy in and trust from different teams.
- Clear communication style, both written and verbal