Estimator - Housebuilding
My client is a regional affordable housebuilder with sites across the North and North West. Specialising in 2 - 4 bed homes; our client currently has a requirement in West Yorkshire for an office based Estimator. The sites you will be working on will be regional around Yorkshire; and their regional office is based in West Yorkshire.
As an Estimator, you will report to the Commercial Manager who will outline each site to you. You will be managing £5m of 2 - 3 projects at any one time in addition to the following:
- Work with Operations and Business Development to lead the bid process and ensure that tender deliveries are produced in a timely and effective manner
- Oversee design options and 'value' solutions, and if appropriate, identify the attractiveness of a project based on sound estimating principles
- Review tender documents and submission requirements, ensuring all financial information is identified and provided and accurate compliant design proposals are included
- Establish and agree key plant rates
- Agree engineering and planning key methods, outputs and plant selection
- Abstract elements from the tender documentation to be sent to suppliers/subcontractors to obtain quotations for including in the estimate, clearly indicating what is required and covering all relative contractual and general preliminary conditions
- Manage and coordinate the preparation of preliminary and general expense pricing, including plant schedules and risk assessment
- Prepare tender settlement papers and carry out any belated adjustments as a result of tender settlements
- Provide bills of allowances as part of the commercial handover meeting
- Responsibility for 'sign off' of all cost elements prior to any gate meetings or financial submissions
- Ensure that key specialists are utilised on each bid to optimise design, specification, programme and value
- Manage the production of Management Information relating to cost and tender submissions
- Provide considered responses to customer questions including post tender queries
- Carry out value engineering exercise in conjunction with bid team members
- Ensure that the project mobilisation team have received an effective handover of bid documentation and run the PCPT meeting
- Manage customer contact, present tender proposals to customers and contribute to customer meetings during the tender process
- Attend or carry out periodic Tender Health Checks and formal risk reviews to ensure that the identified risks are mitigated as far as possible in tender submissions
- Input into continuous improvement on bids including, presentation media, producing strategy papers for Senior Management to provide guidance on project pricing and the continual development of the cost management systems and tools
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Estimator with a proven track record of working on multiple projects in the housebuilding sector; preferably within the new build affordable homes sector
You must have a full driving licence, as travel will be required to sites.
The salary on offer is up to £50k + package.
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like to apply, please send your CV to Jessica at Bromak using the contact details provided.