Calibrate Engineering Recruitment (Part of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group) are working with a leading engineering/manufacturing business within the automotive industry as they look to recruit an experienced Applications Engineer.
Due to business growth, the role will be based at their Bradford site and will see the selected person form part of a talented design team.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the role will be customer facing, and will involve daily interaction with customers on a range of different matters.
The overall purpose of the role will be to support customers by providing technical, design and product application throughout the life of the product.
The role will involve:
1. Confirm technical options to meet customer requirements including design and thermodynamic options.
2. Interpret customers engine requirements and complete match process.
3. Identify technical requirements of project and the internal and customer activity required to launch product into production including all design, validation and Release and prototype activity.
4. Ensure all technical risks are documented and resolved before SOP.
5. Working in line with overall project timing, creation, updating and tracking of indicated documents using the appropriate templates.
6. Support customers with the resolution of any technical issues prior to and post SOP.
7. Identify customer development requirements and feedback to internal project team, including prototype demand and timing of different build levels.
8. Understands and adheres to current quality and control policies.
9. Work with other departments to ensure that all technical aspects of the project are completed to best engineering practice and in line with project timing.
10. Identify changes to project technical scope and timing and ensure that all the internal departments affected are informed of the change.
11. Provide technical expertise in root cause analysis of engine test data and turbocharger failure both pre SOP and post SOP.
12. Lead the development of qualification testing to ensure full qualification of parts
To be considered for the role, the company are looking for:
1. Bachelors (Hons) Degree (or above) in Mechanical Engineering, or similar Engineering Degree along with the membership of a professional institution.
2. Minimum of five years engine/engine component and preferably turbocharger experience in addition to having been customer facing.
3. Basic knowledge of the fundamentals of internal combustion engines. Ideally, three to five year's experience in diesel engine or automotive component development
This is an excellent role, working for a market leading company within the automotive industry and therefore they are looking for candidates with experience of the automotive industry and who are excited by it too.
Calibrate Engineering Recruitment is a division of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in engineering, technical and operations jobs in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of accountancy and finance recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpratap.co.uk for more information on engineering Jobs, engineering recruitment, manufacturing Jobs or manufacturing Recruitment.