Immediate start within next 7 days!
An established Joinery Business looking for a professional Operations Manager.
- To plan, direct and coordinate our organization’s operations.
- Responsible for improving performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability
- Implementation of effective methods and strategies.
- Help to manage a team of factory operatives, project managers, and subcontractors.
- Successful candidate must be available immediately or within next 7 days.
- Along with the Joinery manager, ensure that all works are manufactured in a correct, cost effective and timely manner in alignment with specifications and quality requirements
- Improving operational systems, processes and best practices that guarantee organizational well-being. Purchase materials, plan inventory and ensure factory efficiency.
- Liaising with the Company Director and Joinery Manager on all activities and assisting to ensure the necessary revenue is made.
- Examine financial data/statements and use them to improve profitability
- Be proficient numerically and confident formulating invoices/credit notes etc from information provided to them.
- Recruit, train, supervise and appraise human resources (Preferably but not essential).
- Liaise directly with clients on a daily basis to ensure all targets are being met and that lead times are kept to.
- Conduct Monthly valuations at main project to ensure all works have been valued and will be paid in accordance with the contract
- To attend the main site in central London on occasions during the week and deal directly with client managers. Must have the ability and be trustworthy enough to work remotely with no supervision.
- Proven work experience as operations manager or similar role
- Preferably knowledge of organisational effectiveness and operations management
- Experienced with budgeting and financial forecasting
- Familiarity with business and financial principles and practices
- Must be flexible and willing to work as part of a team or alone
- Good IT skills, predominantly Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organisation
- Leadership and organisational skills
- Preferably hold a Degree in a relevant field
- Preferably (but not essential) some experience or background knowledge in Joinery or Construction industries