Technical Account Manager Engineering & Manufacturing
Our client is a leading business to business manufacturing and logistics services business who are now looking to recruit an experienced, customer-facing Account Manager into the business.
Reporting to the Sales Manager, your role will be to ensure that client accounts and relationships are developed and managed to ensure profitable growth and customer satisfaction at all levels. Working to agreed sales targets, you will be responsible for ensuring that all KPI's are met and that all commercial opportunities within the client account are properly explored and managed, to ensure profit margin and growth are secured and maintained. clients are typically within the manufacturing sector but span many sectors such as automotive, plastics manufacturing, aluminium extrusions, engineering etc..
Manage all aspects of the business with assigned customers, including;
- Relationship management, account setup and execution of agreed strategies
- Financial performance of client portfolio inc credit and risk assessment
- Take the lead internally on all fundamental aspects of technical and commercial service delivery
- Identify customer needs and offer solutions on a consultative basis
- Monitor all service levels across the business and ensure that the customer receives optimum service at all times.
- Maintain and increase contacts with key decision makers within customer accounts, ensuring a good level of communication including regular visits/meetings with clients
- timely production of reports and feedback to management on all customer activity, including CRM maintenance.
Key skills/experience required;
- Experienced in client account management, ideally within the manufacturing, logistics or engineering sector (automotive/plastics/extrusions or similar)
- High level of customer service focus and excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Well presented, outgoing personality and comfortable presenting solutions with a consultative style to key customer stakeholders.
- UK driving license required due to travel to client locations.
- High level of commercial acumen - able to identify commercial opportunities and provide solutions to the customer
- Excellent problem solving skills
- General MS office skills
If you feel that you have the skills, experience and background that our client is looking for, please apply today for a fast response. To discuss this position, please contact Stuart Moore in confidence.