UK Financial Controller
UK Financial Controller
Salary- £60k, car allowance and excellent benefits package
My client as an excellent opportunity for a UK Finance Controller to join their team in Berkshire. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day running of the finance department, ensuring adherence to Company and Departmental policies and procedures.
The Financial Controller will take full responsibility for the production of monthly management accounts for use by local management for control purposes and for U.S. consolidation and manage treasury functions, co-ordinate the input of all source data into the Oracle E-business financials suite which will include General Ledger, Projects, Cost Management, Payables, Receivables and AGIS.
As the UK Financial Controller your main responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the preparation of all monthly Financial Reports in accordance with local UK GAAP/IFRS & US GAAP.
- Responsible for the identification and implementation of financial controls.
- Manage aspects of the company's treasury function including credit control, receivables, payable, management of funds with bankers, Hedging, short-term investments and projected transfers to parent via regular cash flow forecasts and FX exposure.
- Ensure control over balance sheets and periodic review of capital spends.
- Responsible for guiding and supporting staff with the balance and mitigation of risk - commercial, legal, financial etc.
- Ensures that all direct reports comply with internal policy and their respective responsibilities.
- Co-ordinate the input of data into Oracle Financials E-Business Suite including the recognition of accruals and prepayments.
- Responsible for all financial/legal aspects of the internal and external relationships with our customers and partners.
- Identify and develop areas of improvement within Finance and the entity itself.
- Provide support and guidance to local operations and sales management.
As the UK Financial Controller your skills and qualifications will include:
- Professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA or ACA).
- Experience of management accounting practices (UK GAAP, US GAAP & IFRS readiness & conversions).
- Knowledge of FRS17 accounting standard used to assess costs associated with occupational pension schemes.
- Knowledge of U.S. accounting and reporting requirements.
- Broad based commercial experience in dealing with T&C's, payment terms and contractual finance.
- Experience of handling statutory accounts with external auditors.
- Experience of direct and indirect taxation.
- Exposure of Anti Bribery legislation, FCPA and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Knowledge of internal control practice and process based improvement.
- Experience related to international banking practises and procedures.
- Must be comfortable working in a high pressure environment, consistently working to strict deadlines and changing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Advanced excel knowledge, Look ups and pivot tables.
- Supervisory skills and people management experience.
- International exposure and experience working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Oracle database experience is essential.