Production Controller - Publishing
Judy Fisher Associates is a specialist media and arts recruitment consultancy.
Our client is a leading book publishing company, producing influential non-fiction books across the globe. They are looking for an experienced Production Controller to join their London headquarters.
As Production Controller, your duties will include:
- Planning and scheduling production alongside the book-making team.
- Liaising with pre-press and print suppliers with regards to deadlines
- Weekly reviews with the Senior Production Manager
- Using book specifications to create quotation requests for the Production Director
- Attending design meetings to ensure print samples are approved
- Ensuring quality control for the final product
- Controlling all aspects of pre-press/reprography
- Reviewing and approving final plotter/ozalid proofs
- Managing budgets
- Reviewing invoices and resolving any issues
- Liaising with the Manager of Shipping to compile packing, shipping and delivery instructions and issue to printer
The ideal candidate will:
- Be passionate about a career in publishing
- Have experience working with book publishing, specifically hardback books
- Be able to work to tight deadlines in a busy atmosphere
- Have an organised approach to their work, with the ability to prioritise
- Possess excellent communication skills, written and verbal
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now!
Please note, due to the high number of applicants if you have not received a call or email from Judy Fisher Associates within 5 working days, your application has been unsuccessful.
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.