Assistant Hotel Manager
Travelodge has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Hotel Manager to join the team based in Ramsgate. You will be on a full time permanent basis with a highly competitive salary of £18,500 to £20,000 per annum.
For over 30 years, we've been providing everyone with unbeatable value in travel. Whilst this hasn't changed, the speed at which we're growing certainly has. Today we're one of the UK's largest and fastest growing hotel chains, with over 500 hotels and 38000 rooms. And over the last couple of years, we've invested millions in the business, helping transform the way people see us.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to start their career with a well known brand in Travelodge. We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated individuals who are interested in working at our Ramsgate Seafront hotel.
The job in a nutshell
As an Assistant Hotel Manager your job is to ensure that our customers and colleagues are kept safe at all times. You will be responsible for ensuring that customers have such a great stay that they want to return. Specifically, you will be responsible for motivating and engaging a team in a specific area of the hotel such as housekeeping, reception or in the bar café as well as deputising for the manager when they are not on site.
What you will be doing as our Assistant Hotel Manager
- Delivering fantastic service so that our customers have a great stay and want to return
- Working with the manager to review customer feedback and insight reports to create action plans that will improve the customer experience
- Pre-empting any problems that may occur and put permanent fixes in place
- When problems do occur take ownership to resolve problems and empower the team to do the same
- Ensuring the hotel is safe and secure putting Health and Safety of colleagues and customers at the forefront of what you do
- Training and developing your team
- Supporting your team’s success by setting objectives and conducting regular performance and development reviews with all team members
- Ensuring the hotel is operating to brand standards
- Keeping colleagues and customers safe by ensuring the hotel meets its legislative requirements
- Making sure your team follow and comply standard work and processes across all areas of the hotel
- Support other hotels within reasonable proximity when required
What we’ll expect from our Assistant Hotel Manager
To succeed in this role, you will need to be a strong leader and passionate about customer service. Engaging and developing people to deliver results should come naturally and you will need to be dedicated, organised and results focussed to succeed in this role.
What you can expect from us
At Travelodge, we are warm, straightforward and optimistic. We have a big footprint in the UK, but still a small company feel and you can expect quality and value to be built in to everything we do. Every day is different here and you definitely see life! We want you to bring your personality to work and we love our diversity.
Reward and recognition
You will earn a competitive salary and be entered in the hotel bonus scheme. You can also expect to enjoy generous room and food discounts, as well as friends and family rates. We are committed to recognising a job well done and commitment to quality is rewarded.
Career and development
We have transparent career paths at Travelodge and you get to choose how far and how fast you want to go. You can expect a full induction and further training relevant to your role and skill requirement. We advertise all our vacancies internally and so you will have the opportunity to apply for a multitude of roles during your career at Travelodge.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Assistant Hotel Manager then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!