Lead Project Engineer - Advanced Engineering
Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world’s leading clean engine technology. We’re also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right.
Our Components Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you’ll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire for a Lead Project Engineer in the Advanced Engineering Group.
Cummins Turbo Technologies UK, is where you can work on industry leading engineering projects related to Turbocharger technology.
Your impact will be seen in these and other ways:
- Contributing as part of an innovative and fast paced team that focuses on researching, understanding and developing new technologies and components in a structured and diligent way - ahead of customer demand.
- Leading a small team of direct and non-direct reports to deliver projects. Specifically concept design, development and testing of future turbomachine architecture.
- Creation of appropriate test procedures and processes to develop the technology.
- Leading innovative problem solving, idea brainstorming and concept selection processes.
- Creation of appropriate tools and models to understand the system architecture and its limitations.
- Working in a cross functional team to deliver novel solutions with buy in from other functions.
Skills and Experience Required
- A good level of post graduate work experience within a similar environment would be a distinct advantage. Specifically this would entail having experience or a clear professional interest in engine related technology or complex mechanical / electromechanical systems.
- Applicants should ideally display experience or knowledge of the following:
Design for Manufacturing and Assembly
Design analysis by creating mathematical models
Component and assembly testing
Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing
Integrated Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (iDFMEA)
Machine/ mechanism design
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
- Relevant Engineering or Scientific Degree in Engineering or Physics.
Compensation and Benefits
£39,308 - 48k (Dependent upon experience)
Private Medical Assistance
Variable Compensation (annual bonus)