Payroll Business Partner
Nicholas Associates are currently working with a client who is looking to appoint a Payroll Business Partner to be based at their site located in Stockport.
To be responsible for providing an end to end payroll processing service. Working collaboratively across the business to deliver an effective and efficient service to internal and external customers. This role will have overall responsibility for the processing of the monthly payroll ensuring accurate payment to all staff. Management reporting on all aspects of the payroll function to ensure compliance and responsibility for ensuring continuous improvement and quality control of the end to end payroll process, partnering with internal and external stakeholders.
Main Responsibilities of the Role
- Support continuous improvement and standardisation of payroll operations and systems
- End to end processing of monthly payroll circa 850 employees
- Liaising with Managers, supervisors and the Finance function regarding discretionary payments
- Update and maintain Payroll Systems
- Responding to staff and management of payroll queries
- Undertaking required reporting, both internally and statutory
- Interpreting awards/agreements and contracts in relation to overtime, shift allowances and any other emoluments
- Processing increases and back payments
- Payroll administration, (new starters, leavers, employee movements etc.)
- Calculation and payment of termination payments
- Partner with the Finance function to ensure payroll reconciliation including third party payments (HMRC, Pensions, unions, etc.)
- Partner with the Finance function to ensure Reconciliation of payroll payments and corporate tax
- Checking and internal auditing of all payroll activities ensuring legislative compliance and compliance with internal processes
- Partnering with internal and external auditors to ensure compliance and best practice
- To administer salary sacrifice and flexible benefit schemes.
- Develop and maintain processes and efficiencies within the payroll and HR function to support all stakeholders by utilising electronic ways of working
To be considered for this role you will have extensive payroll experience and currently or previously worked at payroll manager level. Professional payroll qualification CIPP or equivalent would also be an advantage along with experience of using Itrent payroll software.