Project Manager Electro Mechanical
This leading technology company develop cutting edge electromechanical systems for the Global Space Industry. Due to the essential nature of their core technology the company are exceedingly busy and anticipating this to continue. As such they have created a new position for a Technical Project Manager. A key member of the management team the Project Manager will use their prior experience of managing technical projects within the Space Industry to lead cutting edge space technology projects for companies operating in the global space industry.
As a Project Manager (Space Industry) you will be responsible for:
* Project manage spacecraft equipment through the full life-cycle from bid generation through detailed planning, design, analysis, manufacture, assembly and test
* Responsible for the delivery of multiple projects with individual values between £50k to £2m+
* Primary point of contact for customers
* Preparing inputs for proposals
* Financial planning, managing and reporting
* Work package and task management following project-management best-practice philosophies centred on the APMP qualification or PRINCE2 methodology
* Motivate, supervise and facilitate multi-disciplined teams
* Contribute to the continuous improvement of the business
* Reporting to the Delivery Manager and the wider business
Essential Skills and Experience:
* Previous experience working as a Project Manager for Electro mechanical product development ideally within the space industry (other highly regulated industries such as Aerospace, defence, automotive, medical will be considered)
* Masters / Degree qualified in a technical discipline (eg Space Systems, Electronics, Mechanical, Aerospace, Mechatronics, Physics, etc)
* Proven experience of Project Managing for the delivery of Mechanical / Electro mechanical Products
* Previous experience of leading teams, planning and reporting
* Strong communication skills at all levels with an ability to provide solutions
* Ability to work well under pressure to demanding timescales
* Strong IT skills including MS Office, MS Project
* Enthusiastic, hardworking and professional approach essential.
* Highly motivated with excellent interpersonal skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication
* Self motivated to meet objectives
* Ability to lead and inspire teams
* Ability to work within defined timescales to meet programme milestones.
Salary: Negotiable - Benefits package.
Location: Oxfordshire (commutable from Oxford, Abingdon, Reading, Swindon, Newbury, High Wycombe, etc)