Project Quantity Surveyor
You will be working closely with your Commercial Manager during project to ensure budgets and product standards are being met.
I'm looking for a skilled Senior Quantity Surveyor within the New Build Social Housing industry, you would have accountability of managing cost during a successfully ran project.
My client operates on a regional basis delivering quality New Build houses and Care Homes for clients in different areas.
They are one of the largest and most much-admired Main Contractors in the UK. Over the course of their business years, they have built a status for quality in everything they deliver.
Their product is known to be at the highest standard in the Market to date and have produced new build Houses and Care Homes that customers love to live in and each client is extremely happy with. They are very passionate on delivering an outstanding service to each and every client.
They ensure each employee reaches their full potential within their organisation and deliver high-quality training to everyone from entry-level trainees to experienced professionals.
You will be expected to assist in the commercial function and reporting for projects within the region including sub-contract procurement, payments, valuations, benchmarking, WIP control and cash flow projection along with monitoring build costs, reporting any savings and excesses as well as assist in the programming, monitoring and evaluation of Contractors
You will be required to:
- Negotiate and place subcontract orders on a competitive tender basis
- Guarantee all specifications and programmes are complied with and that quality is not compromised.
- Calculate the prime costs and accumulate budgets for developments, reporting any activities in the costs since the preparation of the land purchase exercise.
- Prime costs to include but not restricted to dwelling structures, siteworks, infrastructure and fees.
- Responsible for processing all Contractor, subcontractor and consultant orders and payments, variation orders and day works.
- Be aware of all codes of practice and industry standards e.g. Building Regulations, NHBC requirements, HSE etc.
- Monitor the specifics of what the client has given to the project and to ensure your team is being precise to their request and demands.
- Any other duties as required by the Commercial manager / Commercial Director.
Their clients are passionate about the care homes they get main contractors to build. Culturally this particular Main Contractor I am recruiting for pride themselves in having a different work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments.
They look to develop employees in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
To be considered for this role, you must be able to demonstrate a history of success form within a Main Contractor in a new build social housing environment as a Senior Quantity Surveyor
You will be able to demonstrate longevity working within the social housing sector. Good knowledge of Building Regulations, NHBC and Health and Safety requirements.
You will need experience in running a team through a project. Please do not apply if you haven't worked on new build housing projects.
It would also be beneficial if you have / are working for an industry leading Main contractor in this sector.
You will need to have worked on New Build Residential projects with a Main contractor not a Residential Developer. This is essential.
IT literate (QS internal and external systems proficient). Team Working. Negotiation Skills. Business Acumen.
- Salary £45,000 - £55,000 (DOE)
- Car + package + Bonus
- Personal and Professional development
To apply for this position please contact Charlotte Jones on or