Fantastic Systems Accountant role, Based in Coventry, Up to £35,000 plus benefits dependant on experience
Your new company
Hays Senior Finance are working in partnership with this modern, elegant, dynamic business, based in Coventry CV1, to recruit a Systems Accountant.
Your new role
As Systems Accountant you shall report directly to the Assistant Financial Controller and work closely with the team to develop, maintain and improve processes and procedure through IT and accounting solutions. You shall support on-going projects being focused on the impact within finance as a finance lead. Representing Finance when working with the MI, you shall define, improve and assess Finance's on-going reporting needs and remain a key contributor to the large transformation project which is in flight to identify the most effective ways of integrating a new operational platform. As Systems Accountant you shall identify new opportunities to use the systems available in order to ensure efficiency within finance and perform necessary testing to support enhancements.
Other duties include:
- Ensure daily/weekly/monthly management reports are completed to deadlines as required - including flash reports, enquiry tracker, power usage, staffing, collections and management accounts, including variance reporting and conference reporting.
- Ensure underlying control accounts and ledgers are reconciled prior to production of management reports.
- Ensure appropriate reallocations, transfers and adjustments have been made to the management accounts to ensure an accurate reflection of activity is given, including prepayments, stock adjustments, damage deposit allocations, accruals.
- Ensure proper management review of information has been done prior to issue of reports to the Board.
- Provide templates and information for completion of budgets and forecasts and assist managers with completion of budgets and forecasts.
- Improve the processes by which management information is produced.
- Find and eliminate poor performing systems/processes.
- Develop accounting systems and financial processes to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
- Assist with the specification, selection, implementation and training of financial systems.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be highly organised with a logical approach and have proven experience of project & time management with close attention to detail. We are looking for people to be able to follow current processes but continually looking for ways to improve them.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a basic salary of up to £35,000, along with the opportunity to add real value and improve current systems, and a range of benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.