CNC MILLER / PROGRAMMER - HEIDENHAIN CONTROLS
CNC MILLER / CNC PROGRAMMER - HEIDENHAIN CONTROLS - £26,364 - £30,420 + OVERTIME (EQUIVALENT TO £13 - £15 PER HOUR) - BASED HOCKLEY, BIRMINGHAM
Larkshill Engineering is an advanced engineering company based at 2 purpose built manufacturing sites near Birmingham city centre. We design, manufacture and assemble precision components, machine tools and associated work station fixtures for the aerospace, automotive and nuclear industries. We’ve invested heavily in new machinery including state of the art CNC technology and the role is varied and thought-provoking.
You will be offered a good basic salary of £26,364 - £30,420 (equivalent to £13-£15 per hour) based on a 39 hour week with regular paid overtime (time and a half) and an annual profit related bonus. Core hours are Monday - Thursday 7.30am - 4.30pm and Friday 7.30am - 3.00pm.
Reporting to the Works Manager, you’ll be responsible for producing small batch work with quantities between 1 and 10. Specifically you’ll be:
- Programming Heidenhain machining centres in a sub contract environment - Producing components accurately to drawing tolerances and specifications - CNC milling and programming - CNC setting and operating
Machines include Dugard HSM600, MTE BF 3200, TOS WHN Horizontal Borer, as well as larger heavy duty machines. More details of our plant list can be supplied on request.
To be successful in the role of CNC Miller / CNC Programmer you must:
- Have significant demonstrable track record of CNC programming, setting and operating within a busy manufacturing environment.
- Be a fully competent CNC programmer - ideally with Heidenhain programming experience.
- Experience in reading complex engineering drawings and using modern inspection equipment.
- Experience in aerospace, oil and gas subcontract environment is preferred.
- An exceptional eye for detail and quality control.
- A track record of problem-solving and a proven capability to work using your own initiative.