Head Chef, Cambridge College, up to £42,000pa
At Select Hospitality Cambridge we are currently recruiting on behalf of our client for a Head Chef.
A Prestigious Cambridge University College situated in Cambridge City Centre. Servicing the requirements of students, fellows and commercial business.
The Head Chef will be responsible for food production and delivery for the College; ensuring that the highest standards of food service are achieved in an efficient and cost effective manner. To supervise, train and motivate the kitchen brigade to deliver these high standards in compliance with Food and Health & Safety Regulations.
*To oversee the preparation and provision of high quality, health and nutritious food in a cost effective manner.
* To collaborate with the Catering Director and the CCSM in planning and executing top quality meals for the College events and special events as well as conferences.
* To assist with regular food and equipment stock takes as requested by the Catering Director and to monitor, account for and action any discrepancies immediately.
* Responsible for health, safety and hygiene within the kitchen area, in line with the College's Food Hygiene and H&S policies and as required by relevant legislation.
* To ensure effective communication amongst the kitchen staff team and between the kitchen and other areas of the catering department.
* To accept a flexible attitude towards work and to understand that the requirements of the post may vary and develop depending on changing circumstances within the College.
Experience and Skills required
*Minimum 5 year experience working as a team leader or Head Chef plus experience of working in a restaurant or hotel food provision.
* C&G 706/1 and 706/2, 707 or NVQ Lv4 in Food Preparation and Management plus training in H&S, Risk Assessments and COSHH.
*Ability to train, develop and guide staff.
*Knowledge of classic cuisine, nutrition, special diets, ethnic cuisine.
*Excellent standard of written and spoken communication: ability to communicate with many different types e.g. staff, senior members, management, students, clients and suppliers.
*Responsible and trustworthy.
*Enthusiastic about staff training and development.
*Good leadership skills.
*Willingness to take a flexible approach to work duties, to include cover for staff holidays, sickness and being on duty for special functions.
Salary and Benefits
*My client is offering the successful Head Chef a salary of up to £42,000pa
*Annual leave is 25 days plus 8 Bank Holidays in a complete leave year.
*Meals on duty.
*Working hours will be not less than 75 hours per calendar fortnight, with alternate weekends off and two weekdays off per fortnight.
*The Head Chef will be expected to attend for additional hours, as required, to provide service for Fellows' functions and College functions, and to cover for absent staff.
To apply for this position, please submit your CV via this website. For further information please contact Graeme Lilly on at our Cambridge office.
Keep in touch and connect with us: