Treatment/Occupational Health Screening Nurse
Would you like to join one of the UK's leading providers of occupational health services?
Are you looking for an exciting challenge? Come and join our experienced team of multi-disciplinary practitioners.
We are one of the largest and expanding independent Occupational Health providers in the UK offering an innovative, bespoke service led by Occupational Health qualified professionals we are the sole Occupational Health provider for the largest infrastructure project in London.
We are currently looking to recruit registered nurses with A&E and other acute experience to work with a multidisciplinary team providing Occupational Health screening, treatment and emergency response services across a number of sites in London. This is a full-time position at 37.5 hours a week.
We will provide training to fulfil the Occupational Health aspect of the role, working with PGDs along with immediate response and site to emergency services transfer. The role requires an ability to assess and manager minor injury and illness, deliver health and wellbeing initiatives working with external organisations and other healthcare professionals.
You will be required to work autonomously going out on site to understand the daily changes on the project.
We are SEQOHS accredited supported by strong corporate values and a passion for excellent customer service. We are committed to training and developing our employees with a view to career progression within the company.
Occupational Health Nurse | OH Nurse | Occupational Health | Nurse | OH | Health and Medical | A&E
Main duties of the role include:
To provide professional advice, support and guidance to the client and wider multidisciplinary team.
- To assess new clients presenting to Occupational Health providing sound clinical advice and treatment.
- To assess clients fitness to work for the appropriate job role in line with company policies and guidelines and issue appropriate fitness certificates to the line manager, client and file copy.
- To write letters to GP/Specialists in line with the Access to Medical reports Act and Data Protection Act.
- To support the OH Manager to advise, monitor and assess the clinical practice of the OH team
- To respond to Client/Manager's requests for support/information on the working environment.
- To provide clinical assessment of clients presenting with minor illness and injury.
- To provide competent treatment/referral of clients under company guidelines and PGDs.
- To maintain appropriate records in line with departmental protocols on record keeping
- To provide health surveillance in accordance with current legislation, undertake a wider range of clinical activities by ensuring appropriate training, updating and monitoring of relevant training programmes. In line with company policies and guidelines.
- To ensure clinical assessment skills are maintained in line with best practice.
- To provide clinical support to the first aid provision on site.
Candidates must be:
- Able to prioritise and manage time effectively
- Work confidently independently and also within a team framework
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Confident in their IT skills
- Able to demonstrate evidence of up to date knowledge
- Self-motivated and take a proactive approach to work
- Registration with NMC Part 1
- Evidence of up to date knowledge base of professional and specialist issues
- Sound educational background including a good standard of numeracy and written English
- Experience in A&E
It is desirable for nurses to have experience in the following areas, however, training can be provided:
- Skin assessments
- Fitness for work medicals
- Pre-placement questionnaires
- Drug and alcohol testing
- Health promotion
- Face Fit testing
- Knowledge and experience of working in occupational health
We are one of the UK's leading providers of occupational health services.
Established in 2002 by a group of occupational health professionals, we have experienced strong, steady growth. Our clients include leading names across a wide range of sectors including aviation, construction, engineering, manufacturing, retail, utilities and the emergency services.
Our team brings together many of the UK's finest practitioners and teachers in all relevant healthcare disciplines.
Additional Benefits: Annual Holiday Entitlement of 33 days, Season Ticket Loan, Sickness Benefit, Contributory Pension Scheme, Health Cashback Plan, Perkbox.