Head of Marketing
Skylark Learning is an early childhood education company delivering innovative, high quality products to help children learn and develop. As a relatively new company, we are looking for someone passionate and knowledgeable to help grow the business within the UK. This unique company offers a very family orientated side to business with our aim of helping children all over the world to spread their wings and fulfil their potential: we are looking for someone who can drive this onwards through their motivation and strong marketing skills.
Main purpose of the role
- To grow our business in the UK.
- Develop a marketing plan, organise the activities for growing our sales in the UK accordingly.
- Lead and manage the marketing communications team.
- Update and take care of the website, making sure it promotes the company and the products and reaches the traffic and sales targets.
- Lead the public relations and social media marketing to increase the brand awareness and, through interaction with the audience, brand loyalty and positive customer experience.
- Lead the production of marketing content, including text, video and visual.
- Relationship management with key contacts, engage and build partnerships with people, companies and organisations to promote the company and its products. Examples of such partners may include opinion leaders and role models, charities, academic and research community, other companies and organisations.
- Organise and lead our participation in trade and consumer fairs and events, arrange presentations and speaking opportunities, including those at parenting groups, etc.
- Lead creation of innovative and engaging B2B and B2C propositions, taking them from initial idea through to delivery. Create marketing collateral for approaching retailers.
- Create periodic reports and share information on the progress and lessons learnt with management and colleagues.
- Further develop your professional knowledge and skills, ensuring constant improvement of our business practices and of the efficiency of the company.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a range of marketing techniques, with superior digital and social media knowledge and skills. Strong communication and relationship building skills and to be comfortable engaging with a wide network of potential partners, parent groups etc. Some strong pre-existing connections in relevant circles would be beneficial. The candidate must possess excellent writing skills and have extensive knowledge of SEO, analytic tools and digital marketing campaigns.
Competitive salary of £35-45k, depending on experience, plus bonus scheme
25 Days holiday per annum, plus public holidays
Family orientated business