Assistant Manager - Market Risk
Core / Necessary responsibilities:
• Support engagement set up and management to ensure all required Risk Management process and procedure is adhered to and project risks and issues are properly identified, managed and escalated as needed
• Support project/ work stream lead to shape the approach to projects, develop work plans and reporting status against plan
• Support the design / build / implementation of Target Operating Models;
• Create high quality outputs , including presentations, draft reports, cost benefit analysis, data analysis
• Generate business requirements using business and analytical skills to develop supporting artefacts, e.g. business process maps
• Building and maintaining client relationships.
• Contributing to business development initiatives
• Mentoring team members, providing coaching and skills transfer
• Contributing to and presenting proposals to senior colleagues;
• Supporting the design and development of thought leadership methodologies.
Core / Necessary skills & experience:
• Experience within at least one of the Financial Management capability offerings;
• Consulting experience and skills advantageous
• Banking sector experience (i.e. broker dealer, inter- dealer broker, investment , retail ); whether in BAU or change role
• Strong analytical, numerical and Microsoft Office skills;
• Adaptable approach to work;
• Good communicator;
• Ability to demonstrate Banking commercial awareness;
• Flexible to travel.
• Accountancy qualification - ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CIPFA or equivalent (or in process of taking final exams);
Additional skills and experience:
• Project based experience working across several aspects of a finance or Risk function;
• Knowledge of Finance and/or Risk data systems; finance software systems;
• Finance and Risk function target operating model and framework development and implementation experience;
• Good understanding of regulatory landscape impacting Banking sector
• Banking Product knowledge and experience of front to back trade flows, business process and controls
• Worked on Finance and Risk transformation programs and engaged in Change, in particular FRTB, Basel 4,MiFID 2 is desirable
• IFRS 9 experience desirable
• Impairment process experience desirable
• Knowledge of robotics and cognitive technologies.