Experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk
Scott Residential Limited is a family-run house builder and developer within the Scott Properties Group. We carry out housing developments in East Anglia, with a focus on traditional building methods and a commitment to quality and customer satisfaction.
We are seeking an experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk who will be based at our Colchester office.
- Processing and costing a high volume of invoices in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure all costs and expenditure are authorised and costed accurately
- Processing supplier invoices and delivery notes onto the Sage Line 50 financial software
- Resolving queries by direct contact with suppliers and colleagues.
- Reconciling supplier accounts, ensuring that outstanding invoices are cleared from the system by payment or resolution of queries - monthly supplier statements reconciliations
- Ensuring that suppliers and subcontractors are paid within agreed terms
- Assist with preparing payment runs, checking for accuracy and integrity and obtaining authorisation from senior management.
- Undertake verification of subcontractors under the Construction Industry Scheme, and in line with the HMRC
- Set up new suppliers and subcontractors, ensuring the supplier/subcontract assessment form is completed and signed by all relevant parties involved
- Deputising for other members of the Accounts team in their absence
- Compiling and submitting credit applications
- Adhering to quality processes and procedures and ensuring service levels are maintained
- Previous experience of working within a Purchase Ledger Department
- Ability to effectively communicate with external suppliers and colleagues
- Ability to work under pressure, on own initiative and constantly seeking to improve.
- Assist and support colleagues during busy periods
- SAGE Line 50 accounting software essential
- Experience in Microsoft Excel & Word essential.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work to monthly deadlines
- Good written and verbal communication Skills.
Salary £21,000 to £23,500 pa