UX Designer - new venture
Moment is a new FinTech company, created as a joint venture between one of the UK’s leading estate agency and mortgage intermediaries and Blenheim Chalcot (BC), the UK’s leading venture builder. Founded in 1998, Blenheim Chalcot specialises in building digital businesses that transform industries. It’s portfolio of companies has sales of over £300m, more than 3,000 employees, and a successful track record of building over 40 companies across IT services and outsourcing, education, financial services, software, sport and media.
Our aim is to become the leading digital mortgage and protection intermediary, starting with remortgage customers and extended to service all mortgage types. We believe Moment will be able to win in this increasingly competitive market due to the very valuable and complementary assets that are brought by the two partners.
Moment also has the luxury of having a clear strategy from the discovery phase, secure funding from the commitments of the partners and the opportunity to start from a blank sheet and build a world class team drawing from the best talent within CW and BC, and outside.
Our mission is to be the market leading, digital-first mortgage brokerage platform. We want to help our customer to get the mortgage they deserve, forever. Through smart use of technology, an intuitive platform and absolute transparency, we will support consumers in their search for the most appropriate mortgage deal for them.
- Crafts world class product design, makes a complex process simple using intuitive UX design, intelligent UI and delivers a user journey that redefines the mortgage brokerage experience
- Quickly develops new product features
- Responsible for the full design lifecycle and product changes from concept to execution
- Produces beautiful and innovative designs for our product
- Assists on branding projects that include marketing, events collateral and other content-based products
- Designs a compelling and differentiated, yet deliverable, product with a consistent focus on the customer
- Owns ensuring the user experience is aligned with the brand vision
This is a hands on role with lots of UX architecture and design work.
PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS
We’re looking for a Senior Designer with a beautiful, crisp and clean portfolio with 3+ years experience, who really takes pride in producing pixel perfect designs. You will have strong conceptual abilities and a natural eye for detail and user experience.
- Specific flair for UX, but also has capabilities in producing high quality UI
- Loves to create useful and modern UX
- Passion for software products
- Owns a project from the start to the end
- Enjoys working in a small and growing team
- A outstanding understanding of design principles is essential
- High level knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Solid experience designing mobile responsive websites, microsites, online graphics
- Strong capabilities and experience in UX Design; wireframing from conceptual sketches through to prototype designs
- A strong understanding of design principles and an awareness of UX, UI and Responsive Design trends
- Good drawing and sketching skills
- Good knowledge of HTML & CSS and what’s possible with current web technologies and standards
- Eye for balance, proportion and rhythm
- Excellent personal time management skills and a pro-active, self-starter attitude.
- Dependable and a confident communicator.
A career at Blenheim Chalcot isn’t like any other career. You’ll be joining a network of people working together to make a difference in their industries. Venture building is challenging: it’s fast-paced, fluid and there’s nowhere to hide. So we expect a lot from our people. In return we give them the opportunity to make a real impact, and take a leading role in growing our ventures. We’re proud of the community of brilliant people we’re building; we believe it’s our strongest asset. If you want to be part of it and are up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you.
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative - we seek to employ bright, positive thinking self-starters with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do - if that sounds like you, you’ll fit right in!
Our London team is located in One Hammersmith Broadway, a modern, five-storey building which hosts a hotbed of innovation-focused, high-growth companies - all backed by the Blenheim Chalcot group, leading active investors with annual sales of over £300M.
We will offer a competitive salary and benefits package (private health care, pension scheme, 25 days holiday and other flexible benefits such as Perkbox, contribution to gym membership).