Personal Tax Advisor
One of East Anglia’s leading firms of Chartered Accountants is looking for a Personal Tax Adviser for their office based in Cambridge. They offer a varied role with the opportunity to get involved in a variety of Private Client work, as well engage in the firm’s managerial and business development activities.
You will be responsible for assisting senior staff in the smooth running of their groups within the Private Client Tax department and ensuring technical work is completed to a high standard and in accordance with the firm’s procedures. You will also assist in meeting the firm’s commercial, strategic and marketing objectives and contribute to overall management of the Private Client Tax department.
- Acting as a Private Client Tax specialist, advising clients and colleagues
- Assisting in tax consultancy assignments. Assisting with detailed and more complex work where necessary
- Proactively and reactively solving issues and demonstrating understanding and recognition of the breadth of technical tax issues that may arise
- Undertaking appropriate research about assignments
- Preparing and reviewing tax returns in a timely manner
- Keeping senior staff aware of progress of assignments and drawing attention to problems
- Reviewing work completed by staff under your supervision prior to manager review
- Dealing with correspondence regarding clients
- Engendering trust and respect from clients through maintaining a high-quality service, responding quickly to client requests and meeting deadlines
- Contributing to client meetings where appropriate in a precise, concise and confident manner
- Assisting with billing and reduction of write-offs
- Monitoring own work with chargeable hours’ targets
- Meeting own financial targets set
- Maintaining detailed, comprehensive Private Client Tax knowledge and staying up-to-date on the latest technical developments
- Identifying marketing opportunities including both selling additional services to existing clients and winning new business for the firm.
- Sharing knowledge with colleagues and mentoring junior staff where appropriate
For further information on this Personal Tax Adviser role, please apply directly or contact Leon Maulguet at AJ Chambers.