Finance Business Partner (ACCA, ACA or CIMA Qualified)
Due to a recent restructure, Heyland Recruitment are working with a market leading UK Distribution business in the Warrington area as they look to appoint an experienced and commercially focused Business Partner. Reporting to the Head Of Finance and working closely with the department heads, the Business Partner will be responsible for providing operational support to the Senior Management Team in the way of insightful, detailed financial information.
The role requires the successful individual to play a key part in developing the management information, identifying areas of risk and providing insightful commercial information that will assist the Directors in strategic decision making and budget processes.
You will work closely with the department heads, budget holders and senior management team, understanding the key drivers of each business unit, providing additional support and analysis as and when required.
- Work closely with the Operations teams to provide control over and insight into operational costs, stock etc.
- Use of influencing skills to help drive commercial improvements throughout the business, improving the impact and understanding of financial reporting
- The Finance Business Partner will be required to pro-actively reduce the Operations cost base, working with operations managers to identify of improvement can be made, helping to drive financial performance.
- Attend all Operational weekly and project meetings, challenging operational management and Directors, offering insightful alternative advice and solutions.
- Provide commercial and analytical support for ad-hoc projects, process changes and investment appraisals.
- Full responsibility for regular MI production and Analysis for use by Senior Management /Operations.
- Pro-actively investigate variances to identify root cause, taking necessary action and implementing change
- Work closely with Management Accountants to ensure delivery of Budgets/Forecasts in line with company objectives
- Support the month end and Statutory Accounts preparation processes
The ideal candidate must be a Qualified Accountant with previous experience within a Business Partnering / Commercial Accounting remit. Candidates will possess the gravitas to observe, register and influence necessary business change whilst building solid relationships within finance and the senior management team. Candidates from a Distribution/Logistics background will be of particular interest, however, this is not essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a commercially focused individual to work with a large, successful market leader that provides the successful candidate with a remit that will have full visibility to senior management and an opportunity to make a real impact in the strategic direction of the business.