An exciting opportunity for a capable and forward thinking Management Accountant within a professional SME within Manchester.
You will be reporting to the MD in a fast paced and dynamic environment and enjoy a busy and varied workload with a high degree of visibility and involvement in the business.
You must be comfortable working within a Manufacturing environment and enjoy working in a smaller business where you will be extremely visible and interact with directors from day 1.
This diverse yet rewarding role will include the following duties:
- Producing full monthly Management Account packs
- Variance analysis with overview and commentary of actual against budget.
- VAT Returns
- Cash flow forecasting
- Complete forecasting and budgeting process
- Maintain the company asset register and appropriate depreciation journals
- Presenting monthly figures at board level
- Dealing with company advisors - banks, accountant, HMRC
- Sales Ledger Management
- Purchase Invoice Management
- Control of the Nominal Ledger
- Manage and develop 1 direct report
- Preparing Y/E figures and matters for the auditors.
- Composing effective accounting reports summarising accounts data.
- Prepare and action the monthly payroll schedule following approval.
The business seek:
A proactive and versatile individual who wants to understand and grow with the business.
A Qualified / Part Qualified / QBE Accountant able to demonstrate relevant experience.
A confident communicator able to engage with colleagues across the business.
This is a superb role for a career-minded Management Accountant seeking a business who is an investor in people and able to offer comprehensive training and support to reach full qualification.
If you feel you fit the above criteria, then please send your CV to for immediate consideration.