Job Title: Admissions Officer
Reporting to: Head of Admissions
Salary: £20,000 - £ 25,000; based on experience
Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: London (Gants Hill, Holborn or Park Royal)
Job type: Permanent
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Admissions Officer to join a growing College with multiple locations in London. Working as a team member within the Admissions Department, the post holder contributes to the provision of a high quality, pro-active, friendly and effective student admissions service, with specific day-to-day responsibility for the admissions processes.
The UK College of Business & Computing (UKCBC) is approved by QAA and also is approved to offer designated courses by Student Finance England.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responding to both email, written and personal inquiries from potential students, providing detailed responses to their inquiries about the application process, fees and course selection as necessary.
- Provide written and verbal (including telephone) advice and guidance to prospective students, their parent(s) or guardian for all the courses, including advising on procedures for Student Finance applications to avail government funding - tuition loans, maintenance loans and maintenance grants.
- Assist the Head of Admissions with the overall admissions procedure to ensure that proper correspondence and documentation is received and acknowledged, filed, and that departments are notified as appropriate
- Assist with maintaining Admissions Department records - inquiry forms, application forms, assessment sheets, rejected/withdrawn applicant files and other miscellaneous filings.
- Provide cover for other members of the Admissions and Marketing staff.
- Record all decisions on the UKCBC’s electronic system in line with agreed procedures and service levels.
- Contribute to the monitoring of agreed service levels, including turnaround times, chasing outstanding decisions as required.
- Provide administrative support in setting up interviews and tests where appropriate.
- Undertake other duties as determined by the Head of Admissions.
- Bachelor's degree.
- A minimum of twelve months of experience working in Higher Education.
- Ability to work with a diverse student population
- Familiarity with Student Finance and Student Loans Company procedures would be an advantage
- IT literate, with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication, customer service skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Generous holiday scheme- 32 days
- Company bonus scheme
- Additional training and development