Computer Aided Design CAD Technician
YOUR NEXT JOB PROFILE
TITLE: Computer Aided Design (CAD) Technician
Technical Services Department
MAIN PURPOSE OF POST
You will be reporting directly to the Civil Engineering Manager overseeing and managing all CAD systems. This can range from Electrical schematic drawings to drawings. You will need an understanding and ability to plan and develop drawings/layouts in accordance with the relevant legislation and Stakeholder requirements.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Management of a bespoke Cad system and where applicable adhered to or develop existing standards.
- Develop and implement a process which incorporates the management, development, and issuing of all drawings.
- Integrate and manage all as-built drawings from the stakeholders, development works, and O&M into a centralized electronic system.
- Oversee and integrate any surveys and data so all information is current and correct
- Simulation of movements swept path analysis for vehicles and other traffic associated with the airport.
- Report to and when required assist the Civil Engineering manager.
- Utilise a range of software-based systems to meet requirements including but not limited to Auto Cad, 3Ds max, Civil 3DE and Navis works.
YOUR KNOWLEDGE, SKILL'S AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of an HND in a closely related discipline, plus appropriate post qualification experience.
- You must be able to demonstrable knowledge of necessary regulations at local, regional, national and industry level.
- Experience in a wide range of design standards and you must be able to tell us about this.
- In-depth technical knowledge of CAD systems, Micro and design packages.
- Proficient in the use of all packages within Microsoft Office
- Prioritising and organising workloads and used to working under pressure to extremely tight deadlines within restrictive requirements
- Continually identifying ways to improve performance and deliver long-term objectives.
- You will be working with others to deliver the best possible results making use of available skill base.
- Your experience must be within construction works/projects.
WE ARE WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU PLEASE CALL US ON OR EMAIL US ON
YOUR APPLICATION IS IMPORTANT TO US AND WILL BE TREATED CONFIDENTIALLY
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we’re sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.