Head of Spanish & French
Our Secondary Academy in North Manchester are looking to recruit a Head of Modern Foreign Languages, Spanish and French to join them on a permanent basis from September 2017.
About the School
A smaller than average Secondary Academy on the outskirts of Manchester, the School is currently graded good by Ofsted (2012). The school works with other academies in the multi-academy trust to support improvement in the school and across the trust. It shares provision for some vocational courses with the other academies.
As Head of MFL (Spanish and French), your main duties will include;
- To plan their teaching to achieve maximum progression in pupils' learning
- Deliver engaging Spanish and French lessons up to GCSE level for pupils at Key Stage 3, 4 and 5
- To set high expectations for pupils' behaviour, establishing and maintaining a good standard of discipline through well focused teaching and through the development of positive and productive relationships
- To use a variety of teaching methods, including ICT, which sustain the momentum of pupils' work and keep all pupils engaged
- To make effective use of assessment information to inform planning and maximise learner progress
- To mark and monitor pupils' classwork and homework (keeping accurate records), in line with the faculty marking and feedback policy, providing constructive oral and written feedback and setting appropriate targets to maximise pupils' progress
- Keep accurate records of pupil attainment and progress, identifying and communicating any pupil underachievement and implementing intervention strategies where needed
- To develop, evaluate and update schemes of work across all Key Stages
- To be familiar with the statutory assessment and reporting requirements and know how to prepare and present information reports to parents
- To be familiar with the Code of Practice on the identification and assessment of Special Educational Needs and as part of their responsibilities implement and keep records of Individual Education Plans for pupils when required
- To evaluate their own teaching critically and to use this to improve their effectiveness
To Apply for this position please submit your CV and a member of the permanent recruitment team will contact you without delay.
ITN Mark Education is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
ITN Mark Education is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.