Hours Per Week: Full time
Salary: £18K basic OTE in the region of £25K per annum
To support buyers and vendors through the process of buying and selling houses.
1. Dealing with customer enquiries either by telephone or walk-ins when required.
2. To register new applicants onto the database, taking all relevant customer information.
3. Arranging and conducting viewings. Following up viewers’ feedback to vendors.
4. Matching vendors and buyers using internal database and own personal knowledge of people. Sending out details of new properties on the market to applicants.
5. Undertaking valuations of properties as and when required. Liaising with prospective vendors that is the right one to handle their sale, and agree a price and the terms of the sale. To follow up with appropriate paperwork.
6. Monitoring progress of property and negotiating price changes with vendors as appropriate.
7. To be (become) proficient in the internal system to maintain appropriate records and produce various documentation i.e. sales letters, follow up letters, sale of property.
8. To keep up to date with the laws and regulations associated with the business and communicate any changes to the company.
9. Representing the sellers in negotiation with prospective buyers. Negotiating offers with both parties and closing sales.
10. To ensure as far as possible that sales progress successfully. Liaising with all interested parties including mortgage brokers, solicitors, surveyors and other estate agents to ensure smooth sale of property. On exchange send out account to vendors’ solicitors and organising keys.
11. Liaising with Admin. Manager/Administrator regarding the production of sales particulars, ensuring accuracy.
12. Arranging advertising and other ways to promote property in liaison with the Marketing Manager.
13. To generate new business through networking, developing contacts and any other appropriate means to ensure that vendors chose them as their estate agent.
14. Keeping up to date with trends in the local residential property market.
15. Problem solving / taking responsibility for clients and buyers issues that may occur.
Proven experience as a sales negotiator
Negotiating sales on full range of house values.
Use of estate agency computer package
Local experience to Dartmouth area
Skills, knowledge and ability
Ability to deal with pressure and stressful situations calmly.
Excellent customer service skills
Sales driven / focused attitude.
Ability to communicate with people on different levels and deal with various situations in an appropriate and professional manner.
Strong sales technique and negotiation skills
Knowledge of property values, law and financing.
Ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
Good organisational skills.
Written and verbal communication skills
Confidence and an outgoing personality, Persuasive
A - C GCSE English or equivalent
Estate agent qualification e.g. NVQ or NAEA
Have a general interest in properties.
Ability to travel to private properties throughout the Dartmouth area.