Quality Manager - Engineering
Quality Manager - Engineering (CC599-RE)
Location: Based in the West Yorkshire - Leeds / Bradford
£30K - £40K Basic + Bonus + Healthcare + 3% Matched Pension + 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Benefits (Salary dependent on experience)
Hours: Mon-Thurs 07:45 - 16:30; Fri 07.45 - 12:45
My client is a market leading multi-million pound manufacturer of advanced engineering solutions. They hold an operational presence in almost all major international markets and are recognised for their high quality product range and fantastic customer service.
Operating from my clients offices in West Yorkshire you will be required to maintain my clients UKAS accreditation and quality standards whilst managing workloads to ensure customer requirements are fulfilled.
Other duties will include;
- Leading, supporting and managing a small team of calibration technicians.
- Developing, leading and managing the Quality Systems and manuals to meet UKAS ISO 17025 and ISO 9001:2015 standards.
- Ensuring the business achieves a world class standard in relation to site compliance and product quality.
- Working alongside the Site Manufacturing / Production Managers playing an active role within the management team.
- Reviewing customer complaints and driving continuous improvement.
- Completing site audits and inspections.
- Monitoring internal scrap and re-work.
- Identifying global product packaging requirements.
- Solving day to day quality and inspection queries.
- Analysing returned products and compiling reports based on trends.
- Overseeing local authority inspections and customer site audits.
- Liaising with legal bodies, external regulators and trading standards.
- Acting as the Quality champion within the organisation.
The ideal candidate will be based in the West Yorkshire or surrounding area and have proven success managing a quality department / systems. It is essential all candidates have proven success within a precision mechanical engineering environment.
Any knowledge or experience of ISO 17025 would be highly beneficial but not essential as training can be provided.
Alternative backgrounds include candidates with prior experience working in a UKAS accredited calibration laboratory.
A HNC, HND or Degree within an Engineering discipline coupled with qualifications within Quality, Lead Auditor or H&S would be highly beneficial.