Pre Assessment Nurse - Somerset - Shepton Mallet
We are looking for a Registered General Nurse to join our multidisciplinary team in outpatients at our Treatment Centre. we only treat NHS patients and we're focused on providing the best possible, personalised care to the people of Somerset. We believe in treating patients as quickly as possible - helping them to get better, faster. The hospital has been assessed as top of the national PROMS table from patients having had knee replacements and eighth nationally for hip replacements. We offer a range of treatments across a number of specialities including general surgery, orthopaedics, endoscopy, gastroenterology. gynaecology, urology, ENT and ophthalmology. We also provide diagnostic imaging and pain management services.
As an experienced Nurse you will assist in the efficient running of the outpatient and perioperative service and co-ordinate the patient's hospital admission from pre-admission to discharge ensuring that the patient's needs are met, integrating high quality care in the most cost-effective setting. In addition you will organise and undertake pre-admission screening of selected patients ensuring they are fit for surgery at the given site on the date allocated, taking the lead on developing the pre-assessment process to be nurse led where appropriate.
About the Individual:
- Knowledge and skills of acute surgical care provision
- Up to date hands on clinical skills including phlebotomy, IV drug administration and performing ECGs
- Recent, relevant experience in acute care or elective surgical nursing
- Continuing professional and career development
- Generous holiday and leave arrangements
- Flexible pension options
- Life assurance and healthcare schemes
- Health assessments (after a qualifying period.
- Employee discounts on a wide range of products or services
TFS Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.
TFS Healthcare will make reasonable adjustments and provide support for anyone who needs it either to apply or to succeed in the role. We will also support people to access our clients' organisations with sensitivity, respect and care.