Team Leader/Underwriter/Loan and Mortgage Adviser
Fairways is looking to recruit a TeamLeader/Underwriter/Loan and Mortgage Adviser for an Award-winning business based in Perth. Trading nationally from Perth base and a leading name in its field in Scotland. Operating in a very specialised area of property finance including the following products: Second Charge Mortgages, Non-mainstream mortgages, Commercial Mortgages, Specialist Buy to Let Mortgages, Bridging and Development Finance.
This is a hybrid role within a dynamic and growing locally run family business. The successful candidate should be diligent, motivated, enjoy working in a fun environment as part of a team and have a huge desire to succeed. All applicants will be CeMAP qualified and preferably have bank or finance broker experience.
This is a permanent, full-time position (telephone based only). Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm.
Responsible for providing FCA regulated advice, processing loan and mortgage applications, including underwriting, assessing, selling the deal to Clients and managing and leading a small team.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Telephone based with very limited face to face client engagement
- No cold calling - all leads are supplied
- Processing loan and mortgage applications, including underwriting, assessing, selling the deal to the client
- Liasing with introducers, valuers, lenders and solicitors
- Running a small team of 3 people including this position - all doing a similar role across various lending products
- CeMAP Qualified
- Bank or finance broker experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; decision-making skills and sensitivity when dealing with confidential information
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
Salary is between £23,000 - £30,000, depending on experience
Checkable references are required.
Fairways Recruitment (Scotland) Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers.