Business Information Manager
Title: Business Information Reporting Manager
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 + Package + Bonus
Post type: Permanent
Oliver James Associates is proud to be working with a leading Retail organisation seeking to appoint a new Business Information Reporting Manager.
The main purpose of the role will be to provide accurate reporting and distribution of key information to the business with appropriate commentary and variance analysis.
- Provision of business intelligence to support management through the provision of high quality historical management information, providing variance analysis and highlighting areas of concern regarding performance and identifying areas for improvement.
- Responsible for reporting, monitoring & continuous development of reporting processes and KPI's
- Proactively work with the wider financial team to develop and deliver an accurate/timely suite of documented financial reports/KPIs, supporting internal decision making/Group reporting requirements
- Apply agreed principles to analyse past and present financial performance and undertake trend analysis
- Ensure the delivery of quality service by ensuring that deadlines are met and clear consistent communication is effective enabling consistency of process and procedures
- Collation and preparation of the periodic Accounts Packs and information for periodic presentations including scorecards ensuring accuracy and that the reports are submitted to the required timescales and format.
- Deliver business improvements through value added MI and work on ad-hoc projects as and when directed by the Business Information Lead.
Key Performance Indicators
- To provide variance analysis and highlight areas of concern regarding performance;
- Identify areas for information improvement
- Accurate and timely production and provision of Business Information in line with internal and group deadlines.
- Feedback from customers regarding Business information
- Working with a number of different stakeholder the role will have the freedom to make decisions around the process for collating the information and making recommendations around reporting improvements but Exec Stakeholders will have ultimate sign off on MI requirements.
- ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualified
- Knowledge of accountancy systems, Cedar, COGNOS and CRM (Dynamics) preferred
- Previous experience of financial accounting including profit and loss analysis
- Excellent computer skills, with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- High level of drive and commitment
- Commercial and customer awareness
- Numerate and detail conscious
- Highly organised, flexible and professional approach to work