Senior / Project Quantity Surveyor
The chance for a motivated and commercially minded Senior Quantity Surveyor has arisen within an established Social Housing Main contractor the West Midlands. My client is looking to take on a well-established Senior QS for a large high rise refurb contract they have won in the West Midlands.
They are looking to win more contracts to grow their commercial portfolio.
The team that this SQS will sit within has ambitious commercial growth plans for the future and have grown significantly over the past few years. Part of this role will involve commercial development and driving new business within the local area. This role will sit within an already strong Commercial team that carries out planned and responsive maintenance work.
The client has a focus on some new build developments and commercial growth. The firm provides high quality building maintenance, development, joinery and grounds maintenance services for a diverse portfolio of customers across the West Midlands and surrounding area.
- Advising on the maintenance costs of specific buildings;
- CVR reports for all contracts - ensuring all cost and value had been accounted for accurately
- Small tenders - from initial pricing through to final account
- Large quoted works - from initial pricing through to final account
- Collating and agreeing annual prelim payment with client
- PPP/PPV negotiations
- Creating cost saving efficiency's and putting into place working closely with the operational team
- Working closely with I.T in relation to commercial reports required and interface problems
- Day to day running of contracts - payments, valuations, client queries, subcontract orders, CVR's, etc.
- Mobilisation of new contracts
- Increasing planned works programmes/works
- Tendering of contracts with various payment methods
- Submitting client invoices and taking receipt of payments and correctly allocating
- Risk management - debt, costs, time, quality, etc
- Due to the nature of the work, you must have 5-8 years recent UK experience working on SQS Planned & Maintenance projects.
- Due to the commercial development element of the role you will need to be outgoing and able to build and maintain strong business relationships.
- Getting the best value for money on contracts.
- Liaising with contractors.
- Strong negotiating on SORs.
- Demonstrate the ability to save money on a contract.
- UK driving licence for site visits.
- Managed your own internal team along with subbies
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a commercial focus and awareness;
- Be customer focused
- Have experience with people management and a proven track record of success in this area;
- Have construction and services provision;
- A thorough knowledge of compliance and Health and Safety is essential
- Possess an understanding and willingness to make Health and Safety processes more efficient, economical and reliable;
- Be flexible in what is delivered
- Be competent in managing the whole process from job inception to completion.
It is essential that you have had experience of working within Social Housing in a planned and reactive maintenance environment.
The successful candidate will benefit from a competitive salary.
Click the Apply or contact Charlotte Jones on or