Accounts Assistant - Stockton
We are currently recruiting for an accounts assistant to join a busy finance team in Stockton. This is an exciting varied position with lots of potential. The salary will be £17,000-19,000 depending on experience.
- Responsible for the upkeep of the Purchase Ledger including both UK and foreign suppliers ensuring that the ledger reflects the most current up to date position as possible and prepares the payment runs so that suppliers are paid in a timely manner. This includes any company credit card transactions.
- Responsible for generating International Daily Sales Reports every working day and completes the Statistics Database.
- Responsible for the upkeep of the Sales Ledger ensuring that the ledger reflects the most current up to date position as possible and chases any overdue monies. This includes covering Credit Control procedures. Completes NCRs, raises Sales Credit Notes and refunds the customer. Ensures that all invoices and credit notes are sent out to customers.
- Responsible for the upkeep of the Purchase Ledger ensuring that the ledger reflects the most current up to date position as possible and that suppliers are paid in a timely manner. This includes any company credit card transactions.
- Completes a weekly reconciliation of inter company transactions
- Responsible for the reconciliation of the Bank Accounts including multi currency from various sources of payment methods.
- Franks international post and completes the recharge spreadsheet.
- Checks Collections are documented for VAT purposes.
- Generates the monthly reports for the Financial Controller, as well as performing month end duties for Financial Controller.
- Ensures that the data is processed in an efficient, effective and accurate manner to ensure that the Financial Controller can interpret the data to produce reports for the Managing Director.
- Applies a high level of service in response to customers enquiries and ensures that all communications with customers are pursued to the customers satisfaction.
- Maintains good employee and inter-departmental relations and reports any inter-departmental issues to the Financial Controller.
- Applies attention to detail at all times and ensures that BS EN ISO 9001: 2008 procedures are followed, ensuring that company policy and procedures are adhered to.
- Demonstrates ability to work using own initiative and within a team.
- Assumes responsibility for the completion of any given task in a timely manner, ensuring that any issue that potentially jeopardises the completion or achievement of a task or objective is brought to the immediate attention of the Financial Controller.
- Covers for the other Accounts Assistant in their absence.
- Maintains the Fixed Asset spreadsheet.
- Sends invoices and statements out in the post where required.
- Responsible for Petty Cash and foreign expenses.
- Any other duties.
- Satisfaction of objectives and targets as set by the Financial Controller.
- Appropriate department policies and procedures are followed and developed and updated as necessary.
- Department personnel are effective and efficient.
- The company’s position and policies are accurately conveyed to all the departments staff
- Good co-ordination and effective working relations exist within the department and with other departments.
- Achievement of objectives, task’s duties, deadlines, targets & corporate objectives.
- Attention to detail, punctuality, attitude, attendance, productivity and achievement.