Finance Controller, Luxury Retail, up to £70,000 plus bonus
Newly created Finance Controller opportunity working for a PE backed luxury retail business based in central London. You will be responsible for:
- Own the preparation of the consolidated monthly P&Ls, balance sheet, cash flow and Board pack together with a comprehensive commentary and understanding of the performance
- Lead the planning of business facing finance processes; month end, year end, budgets and forecasts.
- Collaborate with and be seen as a genuine business partner by all the department heads which sets the platform for a true understanding of business processes.
Some of the day to day responsibilities include:
- Own the monthly and annual reporting processes
- Lead the planning of the budget and reforecast in the context of the business and the needs of the department heads.
- Collaborate seamlessly at every interface with the department heads. Step up to support business partners when required and act with flexibility in the face of ambiguity or conflicting priorities arise.
- Partner the transactional processing teams within finance to the extent that seen as a clear "go to" person in the absence of the Finance Director.
- Support the Assistant Financial Accountant with the preparation of the Financial Statements and technical accounting queries that may arise.
Will have some most of the following qualifications, skills and competencies:
- Qualified Accountant ideally ACA
- Experience in a business to consumer organisation
- Financial and Management reporting experience, ideally in a SME
- Commercially curious and passionate about finance being at the centre of a business
- Leadership experience now, or with the potential to become a leader in the future
Trace is an innovative consultancy and we are serious about finding you the right role. Our Predictive Fit Profiler is an in-house profiling tool which provides candidates and clients with a method for assessing personal fit within a company - through measuring personality, thinking style, cultural compatibility and motivations.