Based in Oxford, you will contribute to the firm, by developing analysis and conveying insights to enhance clients’ decision making. You will play an active role in all aspects of client engagement: helping identify issues, forming hypotheses, conducting analysis, and synthesising conclusions into recommendations.
The successful applicants will combine technical strength with a strong track record of leadership and performance in team-oriented environments.
Successful candidates will work in a dynamic, intellectually stimulating, and demanding yet supportive environment. They will enjoy autonomy, the opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector, and to grow into industry experts under the guidance of directors with deep experience addressing major strategic issues at the world’s leading advisory firms.
The position suits a recent graduate of a bachelor’s or master’s programme.
- Develop timely and rigorous quantitative analyses to enhance clients’ decision making
- Work closely with our modelling team, structuring economic problems into quantifiable analyses and deriving insights from the model results
- Contribute to Aurora’s product development, by identifying new opportunities and expanding our capabilities
- Engage with clients to thoroughly understand their requirements
- Communicate findings to clients
- First class or high second class degree from a top university in a quantitative subject (Mathematics, Economics, Physics, Engineering, Finance)
- Knowledge of and interest in energy markets, including at least one year’s work experience in a related field.
- An ability to collect, analyse and interpret complex quantitative data and information
- Evidence of strong performance in team-oriented environments
- An ability to communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical parties
- Demonstrated success in project management preferred
The successful candidates would start as soon as possible. We will review applications as they are received. The closing date for applications is Sunday 4 June 2017.
Salary will be competitive. Applicants should submit their CV and a brief cover letter stating their earliest possible start date.