Trustee with marketing and fundraising expertise
Oxfordshire Crossroads Care is a leading provider of support for Carers and people with care needs living in Oxfordshire and Berkshire. Our service is about giving time and providing care not only for the person with care needs but also respite to the Carer to improve their quality of life. Our future action will focus on reaching more Carers and people with care needs, extending and developing our service provision.
Our Board is diverse, friendly and highly motivated. We are six members at present and have been successfully governing the charity. The confidence our local residents have in us is a significant benefit. Our strategic objective is to support Carers and we aim to increase that number in the context of reducing NHS and Local Council support due to budget constraints. A Trustee with either marketing and fundraising skills/OR innovation skills, will be key to achieving this goal.
We are looking for a Trustee with marketing and fundraising/OR innovation expertise to join our Board. Essentially we are looking for an individual who has empathy with the role of a Carer and the ideal candidate would be someone who can assist us in achieving our aim to extend and diversify the services we provide to Carers.
We would like the Trustee to have the following experience:
- Experience of marketing and fundraising OR experience of marketing and innovation
- Working in a team, being a self motivator and willing to share and air views and knowledge.
- Knowledge and or experience of the social care sector is not a prerequisite as we are looking for those with transferable skills from other areas of employment to extend the skills and knowledge basis of our Board.
- Any Trustee is expected to attend our Board meetings, usually every 6-8 weeks and our annual away day and to contribute to our discussions on the challenges and successes of Oxfordshire Crossroads.
The Trustee should be willing to offer time to work with managers to consider how we can market our services more widely, raise funds to support those with insufficient resources to pay for support services and be aware of funding opportunities that charities may apply to.
Board meetings are 6-8 weeks for 1 1/2 hrs at the Oxford office and an annual Away day. Project work will be dependent on Trustees availability and skills/expertise.
Application includes both CV and cover letter emailed to Reach’s TrusteeWorks team. Cover letter must outline
- Why you want to be a marketing and fundraising trustee of Oxfordshire Crossroads Care
- How you meet the role requirements and what added value you anticipate bringing to the Board as trustee
Please request for the candidate pack for more information from the Reach team
Any new trustee will be expected to attend a training and orientation session. The charity encourages preliminary enquiries from persons interested in becoming a trustee to discuss whether they have the appropriate skills for which it is looking.
Please note that the trustee position is un-remunerated and voluntary, however, reasonable expenses will be reimbursed.