Marks Sattin is currently working with a prestigious Top10 firm based in Leeds City Centre who are looking to recruit a number of Audit Managers in their Independant Risk Review team.
As a qualified accountant with external audit and accounts experience, you'll have the strong technical and risk management skills to perform Professional Standard Reviews (PSR). Liaising daily with their client engagement teams, you'll provide them with remote support in completing risk management and quality reviews associated with the audit of statutory accounts.
The Manager will have responsibility for:
- Performing an independent risk focused review of the statutory accounts, group reporting and the underlying audit work
- Holding constructive discussions, challenging senior members of the engagement team on the appropriateness of and approach to identified audit risks
- Challenging the engagement team to ensure that results of testing and judgements are adequately documented
- Liaising with engagement teams on resolution of any issues, including coordinating appropriate escalation of issues within the department
- Completion of GAAP compliance reviews of statutory accounts to ensure compliance with applicable accounting standards
- Providing added value for engagement teams and the wider audit practice, supporting them in delivering the 'distinctive client experience' by collating insights and considering their wider communication throughout the firm
- Having a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Previous accounting and auditing experience
- Comprehensive/thorough knowledge and understanding of both UK GAAP and IFRS
- Comprehensive/thorough knowledge of International Standards on Auditing
- Fully qualified ACA or ACCA
- Post qualification experience in a similar accounting role
- Computer literacy with knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and an ability to learn new packages quickly
- Ability to constructively challenge
- Understanding of risk management
- Professional scepticism
- Attention to detail
- Able to display initiative, proactivity, professionalism and confidence
- Diligence, hard work and co-operation to be an effective member of the team
- Articulate and able to demonstrate discretion
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure with a flexible approach
This is a unique opportunity with a large well known firm to offer an office based Audit role with a maximum of 5% travel compared to the standard 50-70% that an Auditor can normally expect.
Interested candidates should apply as soon as possible for immediate consideration.