7 days left
- Full Time
Buyer role with Residential Developer - Construction
Buyer role with a Hampshire based specialist housing developer who have built a reputation on quality. They are looking to pay a competitive salary with attractive employment package.
Your new company:
This highly reputable and expanding specialist housing developer is looking for an experienced Site Manager to join their team in Hampshire. The strength of their reputation has been generated from their proven track record in delivering projects not only within stringent time and budgetary requirements, but also in keeping with their meticulous, self-imposed dedication to high quality finished works
Your new role:
As a Buyer within the business you will be tasked with managing and coordinating the purchase of plant and materials, reporting into the Senior Buyer.
Your key responsibilities will involve:
- Negotiating for the best possible terms for the provision of materials and plant.
- Sourcing of new products and new and improved suppliers.
- The constant maintenance and update of a register of material suppliers
- Obtaining quotations and placing of orders to achieve the best possible value for the site within the parameters of budget specifications and programme.
- To agree levels of specification rebate where specified and ensure that the appropriate system for claiming is in place.
- To liaise with the Accounts Department to ensure correct invoicing and costings.
- To advise other departments of current prices and terms.
- To set and monitor standards of performance and to address any issues of sub-standard supplier performances ensuring that the appropriate lessons are learnt and actions are taken to prevent a re-occurrence.
What you'll need to succeed:
You will need to be a Buyer who has managed projects within the Residential new build sector with either a developer or contractor. An in-depth knowledge of the responsibilities above. Construction knowledge essential.
What you'll get in return:
In return you will receive a competitive basic salary alongside an exceptional benefits package, and future career prospects.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.