Teacher of SEND: Science £24-38K Dorking/Reigate
Start Date: 1st September 2017
Do you have the science skills to engage learners and make the subject come to life? Can you help drive ambionion, excellence and resilience? Can you give learners high aspirations to succeed? Do you want to work in a forward thinking and an outstanding learning environment specifically for learners with dyslexia?
This fantastic school is currently looking to appoint an inspirational teacher to help develop the department and the school. The school it's self is suituated in the beatiful location between Dorking and Reigate. It caters for a wide range of learners from 7 years to 16 years old. The aim is to provide outstanding provision for dyslexic students in small class groups, following the mainstream curriculum that has been adapted to the needs of the learners.
The school has fantastic facilities and is a wonderful setting to work in.
The role within the School
- Act as form tutor and carry out the duties associated with that role
- Undertake a share of school duties
- Take an active role in school life, regularly contributing to the school?s programme of extra-curricular activities
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of all pupils that you come in contact with
- Maintain high professional standards and maintain positive relationships with colleagues, pupils and parents
- Supporting learning across the whole curriculum.
- Using your interests and personality to engage and work with learners.
This role will require you to have
- Qualified Teacher Status (desirable)
- Proven track record as a successful, effective teacher
- A commitment to the existing high standards of pastoral care
- Experience of working with children with special educational needs is desirable
- A qualification in dyslexia/SpLD or willingness to obtain one on joining
- Competent literacy, numeracy and ICT skills.
Randstad Education maintains the highest standard of child safety and compliance when placing candidates into schools. Any successful candidates will be subject to the compliance process that also includes the enhanced DBS check.
Due to the start date of this vacancy it is important to apply or get in contact today. Contact Simon on .
Randstad is the prefered partner for many schools across the Sussex and Surrey area, if this role is not for you please contact the team who will be able to assist you in finding the ideal role in education..
Randstad education has been working with SEND schools and units for the past 22 years in this area.
If this vacancy is not for you, please do not hesitate to contact the office to discuss further opportunities with Matt Godwin or Simon Strange our SEND Consultants.